Saturday, December 31, 2011



Reading Goals for 2011

As of this writing I read 96 books, 4 books short of my reading goal for the year. I actually had two goals--100 books/25,000 pages. I reached the 25,000 pages goal about a week ago. I'm a little bummed about not reaching both, but glad to have been able to read as many books as I did, and to have discovered quite a few new, excellent authors. Unfortunately, I'm anticipating reading even less for 2012 as my own writing kicks back into high gear. I'd still like to finish no less than 50 books, hopefully more, to put a dent in my numerous TBR piles (and with my purchase of a Kindle, my TBR piles have been growing by leaps and bounds in the virtual and physical realms ;)

The usual refrain for me comes to mind: So many books, so little time. Of course this hasn't stopped me from piling up on books--both electronic and print. Helping me to feed my book purchasing addiction is this nifty little site I recently discovered http://www.pixelofink.com I'm about a week and a half into my subscription and I've already dowloaded at least 15 free or bargain e-books for my Kindle and looking forward to enjoying even more new and up-and-coming authors as well as my reliable auto-buys.



How about you? Did you reach your reading goals for the year?

No comments: