Friday, March 15, 2024


To ChatGPT and AI or Not to ChatGPT and AI?

✨QOTD: To ChatGPT and AI or Not to ChatGPT and AI?πŸ“š

I've never used ChatGPT or AI in my writing other than Spell and Grammar Check and lately to come up with titles. But... Ever get the feeling some book reviewers are using AI programs to write their reviews? I'm starting to see the same metaphors and adjectives (complexities, scintillating, tantalizing...) in reviews and they're all starting to sound strangely the same, all interchangeable but for the characters' names. "Honest" review? Doesn't sound like it to me. 

Like a baby strung out on mother's milk, I keep swallowing for the nourishment. However, my ego's getting full and the baby's belly is about to burst. Baby can get too much of a good thing too. (How's that for a mixed metaphor? LOL)

So take your 5 stars and all the effusive accolades. Just let me know you really read the book. Good, bad or worse, tell me you liked it or DIDN'T like it and why. I'm a writer. I'm used to rejection. And after all these years, I have a pretty thick skin. Just be "honest" and logical. I can take it. 

I guess it was just a matter of time reviewers jumped on the ChatGPT and AI bandwagon like other authors. Not that there's anything wrong with it (Seinfeld, LOL). Because lately I have found myself using AI to help me come up with titles for an anthology and a short story: https://capitalizemytitle.com/ai-title-generator. It is a handy tool, but to use AI to write an entire book, story, article or review from beginning to end? Seems like it takes all the fun out of the creative process. I can't see doing it. 

What's say you? Do you use AI in your writing and if so, how extensively? 

No comments: